Make a difference! Now!
https://midnightabbi1eligoldsmith.wordpress.com/2011/11/07/annual-gala-dinner-2012-the-jaffa-institute/ share and like !
“Make Me A Better Person”
A small group of men from an “old-folks’ home” in Connecticut came to the Kotel last Thursday. A couple of them were in wheelchairs, and one had a push-stroller. Two of the men from the tefillin stand tried to help them with tefillin, but they all refused. Not a single one of them would do it!
When they turned to leave, I tried. I went up to one nice looking old man and said, “Come, let me help you to put on tefillin. It’s a free service.”
One of the guides quickly jumped in and said, “No!”
I did not do a good job of hiding my feelings for what he said. “How can you take a Jew away from doing a mitzvah!”
“He said that he didn’t want to!” the guide said.
“He did not!” I said, and I turned to the old man and asked, “What’s your name?”
He said, “Bill,” but then he quickly changed it, “Velvel.”
“Velvel, have you ever put on tefillin?” I asked.
He said that he had not. I told him how important it was, and that I would help him do it.
“Can we take a picture?” he asked.
“Sure, we can take a bunch of them, and you can show them to your grandchildren so they will know to do it, too.”
I helped him slide his arm out of his jacket, and asked, “How old are you?”
He answered, “Next month, the 31 of December, I will be 98.”
“You are going to live to be 120 years old,” I told him
“Do you guarantee it?” he quickly asked.
“Absolutely! (We do believe that our prayers will be answered, right?) And after 120, when you go to Heaven, there’s going to be a Bas Kol, a voice from above, and one of the things that this voice is going to say is, ‘I put you in the world as a Jewish man. Did you put on My tefillin while you were there?’ And now you are going to be able to say, ‘Yes, I did.’” He smiled. He had a very warm face.
I helped him say the Shema, and then told him to thank G-d for all the good that He has given him. He asked if he could go to the Wall to do it. I went with him and heard him say a few names, and then he said, “Thank you for all the good that you have given me, and please make me a better person.”
Moshe Rabeinu (our teacher) was the humblest person who ever lived. I think that Velvel might come in second. Thanks to
Gutman Locks “Make Me A Better Person” he does!
Tags: Eli PmusicPlease fill void 4 our Ethiopian students- Bar Mitzvot. & Gala Dinner 2012! https://midnightabbi1eligoldsmith.wordpress.com/2011/11/07/annual-gala-dinner-2012-the-jaffa-institute/ share a, the Jaffa Institute will be hosting its Annual Gala Dinner. This year the Institute will celebrate30 years of service to the thousands
About Midnightrabbi inspired aka Eli GoldsmithEli Goldsmith aka the Midnightrabbi inspired, is originally from a well-known family, in the music biz and entertainment industry, from London, has transferred his upbringing and talents to be at the cutting edge of culture and Jewish talent hosting events for many programs. He studied in England at John Lyons School Harrow, Woodhouse College and Sussex University! Continuing his education in Israel, Talmudic Law and group council at Ohr Somayach, Kollel Aiza Birah and Kollel Boston, in Derech Hamelech and Rabbi in 6 well-known programs where was named honorably the Midnightrabbi by the beloved students themselves, He has rounded off his outlook with a large breath of wisdom including the "7 habits" from Stephen Covey to become the “10 habits” practical business successful approach. Working as a Consultant in the well-known Charity for 4 years, the Jaffa Institute and sister program the Bet Shemesh Educational Center is where he honed his talents in management and formed a bond with many special people worldwide. Recently working as a Consultant and Office manager of UKA United Kashruth Authority. And as a Counselor at Retorno a REHAB center. Eli was excitedly consulting @Grantwatch.com, Hiko.Energy.com & Campuscasa.com as Customer Service & Sales Executive updating their Social media, @Student Services at MJI Institute. Eli Goldsmith is looking for new opportunities to inspire, alongside performing successfully as a Customer Service Executive at Nu Mark LLC. Eli contributes to HR and training with CX talks and positive professional feedback. Speaking in front of large audiences with confidence and inspiration. Eli is dedicating his spare time to the Future Special Education. This is the key to the root of the issue in Education! Partner with Founder of Unity Inspires Projects aka UPI! Unityinspiresprojects@gmail.com & for consultancy & speaker :) Eli G for your phone specialists Customer Service Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
- NISSIM, ZUSHA, MATT DUBB at #TheDefrost DEC 24th!: youtu.be/uJJ7lyJaloA?a via @YouTube 1 week ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/XzzM2CC4iWo?a Nissim "Fly Away" ניסים – לעוף (Official Video) 1 week ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/Sbo7zKklj-k?a Nossan Zand's Inspired Off the Mic Live Rap Miami! 1 week ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/M4kzNh7yH-g?a Unity In #Uman with Nissim Black #inspired! 1 week ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/L5dHwFLboEc?a New Nissim song TBA 2 weeks ago
- RT @LA_MusicMan: Will @nissimofficial Represent #Israel at Eurovision? matzav.com/will-nissim-bl… via @Matzav.comhttp://justcoz.org/midnightrabbi 1 day ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/xAo4l6Ns4lo?a Laissez passer 'Hanouka (reprise Maître Gims)http://justcoz.org/midnightrabbi 1 day ago
- RT @tiferesytm: @midnightrabbi @YouTube @Chazaq speech to prepare for the big show! Count to The “Defrost” Show, hosted by @nissimofficial…http://justcoz.org/midnightrabbi 1 day ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/1yupkG7NB8w?a House of Lords Debate on Education - 7th December 2017http://justcoz.org/midnightrabbi 3 days ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/GZYc5ETbTrg?a יונתן רזאל // נפשנו חכתהhttp://justcoz.org/midnightrabbi 3 days ago