Make a difference! Now!
https://midnightabbi1eligoldsmith.wordpress.com/2011/11/07/annual-gala-dinner-2012-the-jaffa-institute/ share and like !
“Make Me A Better Person”
A small group of men from an “old-folks’ home” in Connecticut came to the Kotel last Thursday. A couple of them were in wheelchairs, and one had a push-stroller. Two of the men from the tefillin stand tried to help them with tefillin, but they all refused. Not a single one of them would do it!
When they turned to leave, I tried. I went up to one nice looking old man and said, “Come, let me help you to put on tefillin. It’s a free service.”
One of the guides quickly jumped in and said, “No!”
I did not do a good job of hiding my feelings for what he said. “How can you take a Jew away from doing a mitzvah!”
“He said that he didn’t want to!” the guide said.
“He did not!” I said, and I turned to the old man and asked, “What’s your name?”
He said, “Bill,” but then he quickly changed it, “Velvel.”
“Velvel, have you ever put on tefillin?” I asked.
He said that he had not. I told him how important it was, and that I would help him do it.
“Can we take a picture?” he asked.
“Sure, we can take a bunch of them, and you can show them to your grandchildren so they will know to do it, too.”
I helped him slide his arm out of his jacket, and asked, “How old are you?”
He answered, “Next month, the 31 of December, I will be 98.”
“You are going to live to be 120 years old,” I told him
“Do you guarantee it?” he quickly asked.
“Absolutely! (We do believe that our prayers will be answered, right?) And after 120, when you go to Heaven, there’s going to be a Bas Kol, a voice from above, and one of the things that this voice is going to say is, ‘I put you in the world as a Jewish man. Did you put on My tefillin while you were there?’ And now you are going to be able to say, ‘Yes, I did.’” He smiled. He had a very warm face.
I helped him say the Shema, and then told him to thank G-d for all the good that He has given him. He asked if he could go to the Wall to do it. I went with him and heard him say a few names, and then he said, “Thank you for all the good that you have given me, and please make me a better person.”
Moshe Rabeinu (our teacher) was the humblest person who ever lived. I think that Velvel might come in second. Thanks to
Gutman Locks “Make Me A Better Person” he does!
Tags: Eli PmusicPlease fill void 4 our Ethiopian students- Bar Mitzvot. & Gala Dinner 2012! https://midnightabbi1eligoldsmith.wordpress.com/2011/11/07/annual-gala-dinner-2012-the-jaffa-institute/ share a, the Jaffa Institute will be hosting its Annual Gala Dinner. This year the Institute will celebrate30 years of service to the thousands
About Midnightrabbi inspired aka Eli GoldsmithMidnightrabbi inspired aka Eli Goldsmith, is originally from a well-known family, in the music biz and entertainment industry, from London, has transferred his upbringing and talents to be at the cutting edge of culture and Jewish talent hosting events for many programs. He studied in England at John Lyons School Harrow, Woodhouse College and Sussex University! Continuing his education in Israel, Talmudic Law and group council at Ohr Somayach, Kollel Aiza Birah and Kollel Boston, in Derech Hamelech and Rabbi in 6 well known programs where was named honorably the Midnightrabbi by the beloved students themselves, He has rounded off his outlook with a large breath of wisdom including the "7 habits" from Stephen Covey to become the “10 habits” practical business successful approach. Working as a Consultant in the well-known Charity these past 4 years, the Jaffa Institute and sister program the Bet Shemesh Educational Center is where he honed his talents as office management and consultancy and formed his special bond with many special people worldwide. Recently working as a Consultant and Office manager of UKA United Kashruth Authority with professionalism and Kosher Certification! And as a Counselor at Retorno the LARGEST JEWISH DRUG REHAB center in the world. Eli was excitedly consulting @Grantwatch.com, Hiko.Energy.com and Campuscasa.com as Customer Service and Sales Executive updating their Social media and @Student Services at MJI Institute. Eli Goldsmith is currently looking for new opportunities to inspire, alongside performing successfully as a Customer Service Executive at Nu Mark LLC. Please contact Eli Goldshmit who is dedicating his time to the Future of Special Education. This is the key to the root of the issue in Education in our time! Donate - https://paypal.me/eligold and email Eli - Futurespecialeducation@gmail.com ! Eli Goldsmith is currently looking for new opportunities to inspire. https://bookme.name/EliGoldsmith Founder of UPI - Unity Inspires Projects https://unityinspiresprojects.wordpress.com/ Eli is near Jerusalem with his wife and 6 beautiful children. Contact 972-53-317-5856 Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- A new favorite: The Secret To A Happy Life - A Life Full Of Laughter by @4lifeafterdeath soundcloud.com/rabbialonanava… on #SoundCloud 1 day ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/a5FXxDcbV0I?a Living the path of peace! 5 days ago
- A new favorite: Mordechai Winberger June 19 by @jrootradio soundcloud.com/jroot-radio/mo… on #SoundCloud 6 days ago
- A new favorite: C&C 5777 - Korach - A Lesson in Conflict Resolution by @rabbisacks soundcloud.com/office-of-rabb… on #SoundCloud 6 days ago
- A new favorite: לויה של אליס אלקבץ יח סיון תשעז by @breslovtherapy soundcloud.com/breslov-therap… on #SoundCloud 1 week ago
- RT @midnightrabbi: I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/20iWEEe8vbg?a All it takes is two words - "Thank you" - POWERFUL message by Rabbi Alo…http://justcoz.org/midnightrabbi 6 hours ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/20iWEEe8vbg?a All it takes is two words - "Thank you" - POWERFUL message by Rabbi Alon Anavahttp://justcoz.org/midnightrabbi 10 hours ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/B7Y_gcXrF6s?a #880: In the Light of Hashemhttp://justcoz.org/midnightrabbi 21 hours ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/hDukY_qxu-s?a Gimmel Tamuz - 23 Years Laterhttp://justcoz.org/midnightrabbi 1 day ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/mKOWGB6479o?a Parashat Chukat - Why follow Mitzvot we don't understand? - Rabbi Alon Anavahttp://justcoz.org/midnightrabbi 1 day ago